Saturday, August 27, 2005

For an Angel

Numbness overcomes me
From this shock I want to flea


How can it be?
Her smile I will never see


Her usual words
I will never forget
“Have you met anyone yet?”


With a wicked grin
I’d giver her my usual answer
“Not yet, waiting for you
To find me a dream lover”


She would chuckle
and our little tradition
would go on
Only today she is gone
With her
Our ritual forgone


Each time I close my eyes
I see her image and I cry
For I never had the chance
To say my final goodbyes


Tomorrow, I kept saying
I’ll pay her a visit
Not realizing that God
Would be taking her spirit


The image of her beautiful face
Appears to me everyday
Her sweet smile, her kind eyes, her grace
From my head I can’t erase


In peace
She now lays
Separating me from her
Are only minutes, hours and days


So until then
I’ll say a little prayer
Asking God
to unit me with

her soon again


I dedicate this poem to my aunt who just recently past away, and I ask anyone who reads this poem to say a little prayer for her even if you don’t know her ..I’d really appreciate it, thanks.

5 Comments:

At August 27, 2005 5:10 PM , Blogger illusion said...

Thank you vintage for your sweet prayer. I ask God to continue to enlighten you with inspiration and creativity. And to bestow upon you all that is good and keep all that is bad away from you. Thank you again

 
At August 30, 2005 12:12 AM , Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

=~{

 
At August 30, 2005 11:49 PM , Blogger Misguided said...

Dear Illusion,

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Allah yer7amha.. Allah ye9aber gelbech.

Sincerely,
Misguided

 
At September 02, 2005 4:13 PM , Blogger illusion said...

Spon:
Thank you for your tears

MG:
Thank you, and allah ysaber al jamee3 inshalla :)

 
At September 23, 2005 8:43 AM , Blogger illusion said...

Bull in a China Shop

Thanks for the encouraging words, as I've said before you are a unique individual :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home